1/05/2013

Dust Under Our Feet - GEMILANG THASA


Assalamu'alaikum wr. wb.
My dearest fellows,
Mayhaps this posting I make has nonstrong attachment to the law itself at all as we all are law students of a prestigious law school. But still, this one is for us anyway


I remember one certain Indonesian novel I adore (I have to inform you that, sorry, but I personally do not adore much of it!) it is, the one and only, Perahu Kertas by Dewi "Dee" Lestari which also had been adapted into movie by Hanung Bramantyo with Maudy Ayunda and Adipati Dolken as the main protagonists (weirdo Kugy and uniquely adorable Keenan) and I have to inform you that it is not as disappointing as I thought at first if a book is adapted into movie. It is indeed another Indonesian love story but it is certainly not the thing I mean to talk about here. It is one certain quote from that movie that matters:


"Dan Bumi hanyalah sebutir debu di bawah telapak kaki kita."

- Kugy Karma Chameleon

And the Earth is nothing but dust under our feet. I find that quote very interesting and suits us. I think it is the best quote to represent us all so far. Yeah, we, the IP students of UII Law Departement. We with our wildest dreams; those who want to be diplomat, those who want to have dual degree, those who want to finish study abroad, those who want to make their parents and family happy, those who want to have a job in international corporation, those who want to be international lawyer, military and so much more!
So remember this: "Once you have will to spread your wings and fly away through the big blue sky, even the Earth's gravity has no enough strenght to pull you back to the ground."
Let us race, fastabiqul khairats, and go reach our dreams! Wingspeed, fellows!!!

Wholehearted love,
Gemilang Thasa
IPFOL UII 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment